Monday, May 13, 2019

Golden boot award good for Africa - Auba

The individual award for the highest goal scorer in the English premier league for the 2018/19 season was shared amongst  three African stars which includes Liverpool duo of Mohammed Salah and Saido Mane as well as arsenal front man Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as the African trio were tied on 22 goals each. The Gabonese scored twice on the last day of the season against Burnley taking his goal tally to 22 goals. He was quick to praise his African counter part as he believes it's an evidence of the exploits of African footballers playing abroad. He said;
"It [golden boot] means a lot and I'm really happy and proud of it.I'm sharing this trophy with Mane and Salah, I like these two guys and we're representing Africa ,so it's a good sign for the continent. I'm really  proud  and I have to thank  my teammates for helping  me to get  it".

The Gabonese wouldn't be taking part in this year's continental competition as the Gabon national team failed to qualify  for  the Afcon 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment